What are cookies?
Cookies are files which store and retrieve information about your browsing or use of a website.
Cookies are useful because they allow websites to operate more quickly, flexibly and in line with your preferences and also help site operators to enhance the services they provide by drawing on the information gathered by the cookies.
What types of cookies are there?
Cookies can be classified into a number of categories as shown below:
By the organisation managing them
- First-party cookies: they are sent to your device from a computer or domain managed by their publisher and which provides the service you have asked for.
- Third-party cookies: they are sent to your device from a computer or domain which is not managed by their publisher but rather by another organisation.
By the time they are remain enabled
- Session cookies: they gather and store data while you are browsing the website and are deleted when you log out.
- Persistent cookies: the data remain stored on your device and can be accessed and processed for a certain period of time.
By their purpose
- Technical cookies: they allow you to browse a website and use the options or services it contains. They enable add-ons which enhance the website’s features and make it possible to include security components, identify your session, activate payment gateways, etc.
- Preference or personalisation cookies: they allow information to be remembered so you can access the service with some pre-set features such as language, the number of results to be displayed when a search is carried out, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser you use to access the service, etc.
- Analytics cookies: they make it possible to monitor and analyse your behaviour on the website to which they are linked, including quantifying ad impressions.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: they store information about your behaviour gained from continuous observation of your browsing habits to profile you in order to display targeted advertising.
What types of cookies are used on this website?
You can find out about any transfers to third countries which may be made by these third parties in their respective policies.
- Technical, analytics and behavioural advertising
If we add to or change the cookies on our website, we will update our Cookies Policy.
How can you enable and block cookies?
You can configure cookies using the settings panel available on the website.
You can also check out the options and instructions provided by the main browsers at the following links:
These browsers may be updated or altered so we cannot warrant that they will be fully compliant with your browser version.
You should be aware that if you accept third-party cookies, you will need to delete them in your browser options.
If you disable cookies, you may continue to use the website but you may have limited use of some of its features.